We are excited to launch the Young Ambassadors Programme for all registered young people affected by CMN (13 to 19 years). The programme provides a platform for our teen members to develop the following key skills:
- building relationships
- public speaking
- media engagement
Why become a Caring Matters Now Young Ambassador?
- You will receive an accreditation from Caring Matters Now for completing each level of the programme (Level One and Level Two)
- You will receive a letter of recommendation from Caring Matters Now for future progression into higher education and employment
- You will gain confidence in new skills, knowledge and experience to help your future personal development
- You will increase your skillset, enabling you to stand out from the crowd during interview processes, throughout your higher education journey and in your workplace setting
- You will receive valuable volunteering experience which will complement educational schemes such as Duke of Edinburgh
- You will receive Dale Carnegie certification for completing the course
How to become a Caring Matters Now Young Ambassador?
The Young Ambassadors Programme consists of two phases:
Level One Award: Young people affected by CMN are to register and complete level one in school years 9, 10 and 11. You will work towards completing the following task list, which complements the charity’s three main aims; Support, Awareness and Research.
- Hold a fundraising event
- Participate in a CMN teens challenge
- Be a young leader at the CMN conference
- Write your personal story for the charity’s website and annual magazine
- Participate in media and communication training at the CMN conference
- Participate in Caring Matters Now research projects
Level Two Award: Once you have completed level one, you will have the unique opportunity to register for level two; completing the prestigious Dale Carnegie Flagship Course. The Dale Carnegie Flagship Course places will be free of charge for any teenager who has completed level one of the Young Ambassadors Programme (worth £2250+VAT). To undertake level two, you must be 16 – 19 years.
The Young Ambassadors Programme is a fantastic opportunity for all our teen members.
To find out more, including how to enrol on the programme, please click here.