Christmas Card Competition 2015
Calling all budding artists…
Caring Matters Now would like to invite children aged between 4yrs – 17yrs to design a Christmas card, which could become one of the official CMN Christmas Cards for 2015! Four designs will be chosen by the CMN trustees and produced into this year’s charity Christmas cards. The Christmas cards will be sold on the Caring Matters Now website from October 2015, with all proceeds going towards the charity.
YOUR DESIGN MUST BE CREATED ON A5 PAPER IN A LANDSCAPE FORMAT.
We ask that all designs are sent to us by Friday 21st August (what a great way to spend your summer holidays!).
Please send your design, along with your full details* to:
Caring Matters Now
PO Box 732
Full details* should include your full name, age, home address, contact number, plus a brief summary of how you are linked to the charity.
Here are some tips for your design:
The following things work really well…
- Bright, bold designs – covering as much of the white space as possible with strong colour
- Incorporating Caring Matters Now into your design
- Parent supervision and guidance throughout
- Following a theme to i.e. thumb-print robins, sponge-print snowmen on a coloured background.
- Remember to use ONLY felt-tips, coloured pencils (press hard please) and water-based paints!
The following things DON’T work well…
- Leaving large amounts of white paper with no colour or detail or including light pencil sketches
- Smudges, dirty marks, paint splodges or unwanted fingerprints on the design
- Scribbles, mis-spellings or crossing things out – best stick to pictures as there is a greeting inside the card!
IMPORTANT! – Please remember that designs incorporating glitter, charcoal, oil-based paints, collage, glue, crayons, pastels, chalk or art medium other than recommended cannot be processed.
Any questions regarding the completion, please email [email protected]aringmattersnow.co.uk