You may have seen O2’s Christmas ad which features the gift of data this Christmas…
In response the Cost of Living Crisis we have recently partnered with the National Databank at the Good Things Foundation to ensure that our members have access to data to attend our online events over the Winter months.
The Good Things Foundation is a national digital inclusion charity, working with over 3 million people whose aim is to work with community partners to provide free access to the internet for those who are unable to get online.
The National Databank works alongside Virgin Media, O2, Vodafone and 3 who have donated 47m gigabytes of data to be able to support 500,000 people.
To receive data through the National Databank you must be;
- 18+ years old
- From a low income household
And qualify in one of the following statements;
- Has no access or insufficient access to the internet at home
- Has no or insufficient access to the internet when away from the home
- Cannot afford their existing monthly contract or top up
- You are facing problems/temporary problems with the consistency of your home internet
- You are from a household of 4 or more people. (The SIM card provided by the Databank cannot be given to an under 18 but can be used within the home under parental supervision.)
If you think you meet the above criteria please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject ‘Access to Online Events.’