Teenage Forum Etiquette
Keep our Forum friendly and safe
Please help us to keep this forum a welcoming, supportive a caring place to be.
We have put together a small list of dos and donts for you to think about when posting on our forum.
We hope you find using this forum an enjoyable experience. We value your contribution and hope it will offer advice, support and information.
Any inappropriate posts or comments, towards an individual or the group are unacceptable. Complaints about posts or content should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be nice and respectful, the golden rule “always treat people the way you would like to be treated”. These simple words of wisdom are especially important when it comes to what you say and how you say it on the World Wide Web.
- Keep comments relevant to the discussion. If they are not deemed relevant they will be deleted.
- When you’re sitting in front a computer screen, it can be hard to empathize with the people you’re talking to online. Be polite and courteous at all times, reading hurtful words online is just as bad as hearing them in person.
- Before posting any kind of online content, think about what you’re saying. Is it mean-spirited? Would you be comfortable if someone attacked you in the same way? The Golden Rule works as well on the Web as it does in real life, so do your best to obey it.
- Review, review, then send. There’s no taking back a comment that has already been sent, so it is important to double-check all writing to make sure that it clearly conveys the exact intended message.
- We are an English support group so please post comments in English.
- Post personal information. It is not acceptable to publish yours or anyone else’s contact details, such as full name, address, place of employment, telephone number, email address, etc.
- Don’t spam or flood the room with repeated questions, statements, or links.
- Use language that may come across as strong or offensive. No swearing, name-calling or bullying or aggressive language is acceptable and will be deleted with the contributor being banned.
- Post inappropriate material or anything unlawful. This includes anything that is indecent, racist, harassing or threatening.
- Make posts which include spam mail, chain letters, jokes, advertising, virus warnings, selling or soliciting.
- Write in all caps, this is considered shouting and is rude.
- Use inappropriate usernames.
- Post anything that can be deemed as disruptive or derogatory to the group.