How You Can Help
Make a direct donation
Direct Debit/Standing Order
Which can start from as little as £2 per month. If this is something you would like to do, please email Lucy for relevant bank details required.
Currently we are unable to offer on-line direct debit due to the costs involved in setting this up and maintaining this service. The best way to do this is to contact your bank directly.
Tax efficient way to donate! – a very easy, tax effective way to donate to charities, so it costs you less to give more. This enables you to give to CMN straight from your gross pay, before tax is deducted.
Payroll donations will provide Caring Matters Now with a regular, reliable income stream that will enable us to plan and budget for the future.
You will need to approach your Payroll Department or HR Department to find out if your employer offers this service.
For more information visit the Payroll Giving Centre website.
If you are an employer and would like to offer this service to your employees then please visit the Payroll Giving Centre for simple ways to set this up.
Caring Matters Now Support Group is a member of Charity Choice, which is a secure on-line service for charitable donations.
You can also give online at Just Giving.
Send A Donation
Please make cheques payable to “Caring Matters Now” and post to:
PO Box 732
Gift Aid increases the value of donations to UK charities by allowing them to reclaim basic rate tax on your gift, if you are a UK tax payer.
Remember to indicate if you are Gift Aid eligible on the JustGiving website or fill out a Gift Aid Form if you are sending a cheque. This allows us to collect an additional 28 pence for every pound donated from the UK government.
Use Easyfundraising for your online shopping
When you shop online, you can make a donation to the CMN support group through no extra cost! Please follow the instructions below and you will make a difference.
All major shopping stores and websites (including eBay, Amazon, ebookers, Expedia) are registered with www.easyfundraising.org.uk. If you go through the following link before shopping online, you will automatically donate a percentage of your retail purchase towards the CMN support group with absolutely no extra cost.
Click Here to go to Easyfundraising.
You need to first follow some simple registration steps:
- go to Easyfundraising and click on ‘Register as a User’
- find an organisation
- Click on ‘C’ and scroll down to ‘Caring Matters Now’
- Enter your e-mail address, name and make up a password
- Then log in from the home page
Please note biggest donations are from the insurance companies (house or car) and on-line travel booking companies.
Some companies are offering up to £32 donation per transaction or 3% cashback (that is £60 on a £3,000 family holiday!).
Organise a fundraising event
The best way of raising funds is to get involved and organise an event yourself! In every case you will be amazed how many of your family and friends want to support and help you. Having the idea and getting going is the hard part.
The list that follows is not exhaustive but is designed to stimulate your imagination:
- Promises auction – approach friends to commit.
- Babysitting evening or Taxi journey, add this to local companies donating hampers or gifts and then run an auction in a local club function room.
- Fashion Show – maybe at School.
- Trivia Quiz – Pop, Sport, General Knowledge etc.
- Fete, Raffle, Car Boot Sale
- Sponsored Haircut
- Five or Seven a side Football, Rugby, Hockey etc.
- Approach the company that you work for to sponsor Caring Matters Now as their chosen charity for the year.
- Sponsored sports events – Runs, walks, cycles
A note about the Great North Run and London Marathon
The Great North Run and London Marathon are extremely popular runs in the UK and for many charities, represent very important fundraising events. Unfortunately, as demand far outstrips supply, Bond places which guarantee charity places to runners are impossible to obtain for smaller charities like Caring Matters Now. If you have already secured a spot via the public ballot system (or if you have a place because you are a super fast runner!), we would love it if you ran on behalf of Caring Matters Now and can obtain sponsorship money. The links to our fundraising packs and sponsorship forms are listed below. Let us know and we will be sure to send a Caring Matters Now cheering squad to the event!
Contact us here at CMN for a Fundraising Pack, Sponsorship Forms and more Fundraising Tips including sample media releases.
Sell items on Ebay
If you are selling items on Ebay, you can donate a percentage of your final selling price to CMN. You will also receive a fee credit on your basic insertion and final value fees equal to the percentage you donate every time you list an item for charity. It’s simple!
- Once you’re ready to sell your item, go to the Sell hub and select Advanced Selling.
- As you’re filling out the details, look out for the charity box just below where you set your price. Select “Caring Matters Now” to support and the percentage (10%-100%) of your final selling price that you’d like to donate.
Note: The minimum donation is £1 per listing.
- A week after your item sells, MissionFish (eBay’s charity partner) will automatically collect the donation from you.
See items currently being sold for Caring Matters Now here!